Jazz WhatsApp Channel is brought to you by Jazz in partnership with our local mobile partner.
May each of Jazz and its service providers use your personal data to give you personalised services and benefits:
Receive customised offers, promotions and other materials via Jazz WhatsApp Channel, including trusted partners, and permit Jazz to use and share your personal information with its service providers for this purpose.
You permit Jazz to share your personal information with its service providers so they can provide customized offers, promotions and other material directly to you.
- Service(s) means services, either customized or otherwise, provided by Jazz, its Partner(s), Services Provider(s), and/or Jazz on or through Jazz WhatsApp Channel, from time to time, within the Territory of Pakistan, AJ&K Gilgit Baltistan (“Territory”).
- Privacy Notice
- If you hand over a device with the Jazz WhatsApp Channel installed to another individual, you should lock/deactivate the device before doing so. If devices with Jazz WhatsApp Channel installed are lost or stolen, you inform the relevant authority.
- We maintain high standards of security. We expect that you will not share your phone, connected via our network, let anyone else access your phone/devices, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your connection. You are reminded to use your mobile devices safely.
- Third Party Services
- We do not endorse any third party services. Third party providers of websites and applications (including Jazz WhatsApp Channel) accessed by you through the Service are accessed at your own risk, and we have no liability for third party services. If third party websites or applications (including Jazz WhatsApp Channel) cause any problems or harm, you should seek redress directly from the third party provider of those services. We have no responsibility in such matters and cannot assist. Third party providers of websites or applications (including Jazz WhatsApp Channel) that you access through your Jazz’ network/ mobile phone number may have their own terms and conditions. It is your responsibility to read and adhere to such terms and conditions.
- Entire Agreement
- These Terms & Conditions are the entire agreement between us and you regarding use of Jazz WhatsApp Channel and related services (excluding any services for which you have a separate agreement with us).
- By using the Jazz’s service through you agree to these Terms. We may update these Terms at any time without notice as we deem necessary
- Created: April 25, 2019
- These General Terms apply generally to the use of any or all of Jazz’s services (the “Service”) via/through Jazz WhatsApp Channel. Our Service is diverse, so additional service specific terms (“Service Specific Terms”) may apply.
- Jazz may engage or otherwise cooperate with affiliates, suppliers, partners and other third parties in connection with the Service, and, where applicable, the reference to “PMCL”, “Jazz” or “we” shall also be understood as a reference to such third parties.
- The Service
- Jazz’s Service consists of digital products and/or services distributed over the Internet to individual consumers for private use. The Services are accessible at our websites (the “Website”) and, for certain Services on your own device(s) after you have installed it.
- Parts of the Service may display content that is not Jazz’s (including User Content). Such content is the sole responsibility of the person or entity that has made it available.
- Privacy and Personal Data
- User Content and Submissions
- Jazz’s services and/or Jazz WhatsApp Channel may allow you to submit, post or display content, such as information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, videos, advertisements, messages or other materials (“User Content”). You are solely responsible for such content. Jazz’ network/ mobile phone number acts as a mere conduit and Jazz has no obligation to screen or monitor User Content. However, Jazz may review and remove any User Content that, in its sole judgment, violates the Terms, applicable laws, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the Jurisdiction.
- Prohibited User Content under the Terms includes, without limitation, content which: is offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred, harassment or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters” or unsolicited mass mailing, “spamming” or “phishing”;
- promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images;
- displays or links to pornographic, sexually explicit or any other indecent material;
- solicits passwords or personal data from other users; or
- violates the rights of or harms or threatens the safety of other users or the Service.
- Warranties and Disclaimers
- Jazz warrants that it will perform in a professional manner in accordance with prevailing industry standards and make reasonable efforts to keep the required service operational.
- The Service is provided “as is”. You acknowledge that the Service is not error-free. Jazz makes no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to the availability, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, performance and quality of service of Jazz/Jazz WhatsApp Channel or otherwise.
- Jazz (including, but not limited to, its shareholders, executives, officers, affiliated companies, partners and their contractors, officers, directors and employees) shall not be liable for any damages, whether arising under law, contract, warranty, indemnification, tort or otherwise, including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, loss of profits or business opportunities, or damages resulting from loss of data or loss of access to the services or otherwise.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Jazz (including, but not limited to, its shareholders, executives, officers, affiliated companies, partners and their contractors, officers, directors and employees) from all claims, liabilities and expenses (including attorney’s fees) that arise from your misuse of services in breach of the Terms or applicable laws.
- Jazz reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You shall cooperate in good faith with Jazz in asserting any available defenses.
- Force majeure
- Force Majeure means any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of either party, including, without limitation, fire, explosion, strikes or other labor disputes, riots or other civil disturbances, voluntary or involuntary compliance with any law, order regulation, recommendation or request of any governmental authority, and errors or downtime in networks, power supply, gateway or similar failures of communication. Neither party will have any liability, other than for the payment of money owing, for their failure to perform any of their contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with events of force majeure.
- You may stop using Jazz’s service by deactivation of your account at Jazz WhatsApp Channel. You may do so by updating the settings on your personal account on Jazz WhatsApp Channel.
- Jazz may also stop providing service to you, or add limits to your service, if you act in breach of the Terms or applicable laws, your right to use service and access its content will in any event immediately, without notice, terminate without refund of any fees.
- We may also update or otherwise amend the Terms, for instance to reflect changes to the Service or changes to the law.
- We will publish any amended Terms on the Website. Your continued use of Jazz’s service after such publication or notification is considered as an acceptance of the amended Terms. We encourage you to check the Website regularly. If you not agree to the amendments, you should discontinue your use of the Service.
- Partial Invalidity
- If any provision of the Terms is declared invalid or unenforceable by a court or other binding authority, the remaining terms (or parts), conditions and provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Language versions
- Any translations of the Terms from English into another language are made solely for your convenience. In the event of discrepancies between different language versions, the English version shall prevail.
- Choice of Law and Dispute Resolution
- The Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Pakistan laws. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with the Terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Pakistani courts at Islamabad as the legal venue.